Is suffering really living?

I'm really down. Lived a unbearable childhood. The entire years of 2000 to date has been more so.. And now.. To get me to this.. Is suffering really living? Just a thought.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• Have you considered counseling?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We can't always choose the cards we are dealt, but it's always our choice how to play them. What do YOU want to make of this.
    I myself have been through uspeakable things, but I choose to not let it make me. I will make the best of it or die trying. I have seen the outcome, and it is positive. You can do it. If you need to talk, add me and we'll talk a little later. Best Wishes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have some depression problems I have been trying to deal with for a very long time now. i have tried counseling, seeing a psychiatrist, taking meds and hospitalization. None of it really cures whats wrong and honestly I think the only thing that really worked was ME. I made the change in my life to live better. But no suffering is not living its just kinda being here and hanging on.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hi there. You are definitely not alone! the way I look at it, everything happens for a reason. I try to see the positive out of every unpleasant experience. Maybe it has made you stronger, or better able to cope with a given situation. I don't know. Maybe its made you who/how you are today. You're still here, fighting and trying to survive. Be positive, that always helps. Look at every day as a new beginning, as an opportunity to start all over again with a clean slate. Whatever you decide, everything has a reason, and something positive too. Cheer up and don't feel alone. I've suffered a lot as well, and sometimes wonder what the reason for so much torture is, but I am still here and refuse to give up. So be strong. Feel free to talk with me if you're down in the dumps... :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 12:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Ive had a bad childhood as well, but you need to get past that...Accept or confront what happed however you know how, and put it where is should be...in the past. as of right now, life is what you make it, if you choose to be miserable and unhappy you will be...Shitty things will always happen, thats apart of life, but you need to take everything that is thrown at you (good and bad) and learn from it, take it simply as an experience and move on. A couple years ago i lost everything that was important to me, my first true love dumped me over the phone, i got in trouble with the law, and lost my best friend, basketball- my life and love was taken away from me and my family all despised me for getting in trouble, and was on house-arrest which meant i went to school and back home. I was depressed and alone all the time. It took 8 months but I pulled my life back together the best i could, took it as an experience and moved on..
    Becca-Jo

Answer by Becca-Jo at 1:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's existing. Not living. You are going through so much that it makes me feel for you every time I read your posts. I want to reach out and hug you. Seriously. I have so much empathy for what you are going through that I really hope that you one day get well, find your strength (both inner and outer) and enjoy your life. That was probably corny, but I truly mean that.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• See a therapist
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do what you can to make changes in your life, positive steps, life is indeed worth living.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Let me first make sure that I understand exactly what you're asking. Are you asking if suffering is what living is, like living is nothing but suffering? Or do you mean, are you really living if you're only suffering? If you mean the former, I have asked that so many times.... If you mean the latter, then no, it's not.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010