Have a hard time getting up

I have had a really hard time getting up in the morning. Any suggestions? I hear the alarm, my partner calls but I still go back to sleep. Then I want to sleep all day. I have not been taking my Synthroid and Glucophage...could this be why??

I

fluffymomma175

Asked by fluffymomma175 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• Depression? Low BP? Low iron? You might try seeing a doc. You could have a hormone imbalance, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you aren't taking your meds it could be a reason. Your best bet, meanwhile, is to make yourself get up when your partner calls, unless you can make yourself get up when the alarm goes off. Don't treat getting up as an option, treat it is what you do. You DON'T go back to sleep, you DO get up. I trained my husband to do this. I decided early on that I wasn't going to be responsible for getting him up. so now when the alarm goes off he gets up.

Answer by Bmat at 12:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's most likely your synthroid that is keeping you tired. You need to take your meds until you can get in and talk to the Dr about them.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Low Iron maybe. Talk to your Dr they can do blood work to check things.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Chronic fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism, and if you aren't taking your synthroid that def. could be why...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010