Does anyone know where I can find rice flour?

Or if there is even such an ingredient?
I an making some allergen free cupcakes for my cousins kids and they are allergic to Dairy, nuts, potato, wheat and eggs. I figure rice flour would work because they can have rice milk. and I am replacing the eggs with applesauce. So all I need is some kind of flour...any ideas of where I could find some would be great! Thanks!

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 12:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I get it at WalMart.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Thanks! Do you know if it is made in a nut free place? Cause I found some other special flour at walmart and it was made in a place that does something with tree nuts and I can't use it.
    OBImomma

Comment by OBImomma (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Try a natural food/health food store, like whole foods or trader joe's if you have one in your area. They should have a few options. Also check the asian foods section of the grocery store, that's where the rice flour is in ours.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You can also get it at a health food store or the health food section at fred meyer.
    make sure to get xanthan gum too, or your cupcakes will fall apart.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Also, instead of an egg, you can use ground flax mixed with water. google it, it works better than applesauce.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Call the health food stores in your area; better than driving all over. My local Publix carries it also.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've found it at Fresh & Easy, which I believe (I may be wrong) is the same company as Aldi's.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2010