Is It Possible to get pregnant even after having a tubal?

Okay girls I need some advice here... I need to know what the chances are of having a pregnancy even after I had a tubal done? I had a normal cycle until the month of October then it was off on it's irregular situation again. I even have had my normal pre-coursing moments that I had with all my previous pregnancies. I have had vomiting, hick-ups, weird cravings, headaches. I don't know what were going to do if I end up pregnant again. I just had twins 5 months ago and I have 5 other kids already to take care of... My husband doesn't want any more that's why I had my tubes tide after the twins came.

momof5monsters

Asked by momof5monsters at 8:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's possible to get pregnant if the procedure failed. The surgeon should have explained that to you. You should probably call your doctor, because most pregnancies that happen after a tubal ligation are ectopic. I'm not trying to scare you, but it's true. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• About 1.8% over 10 years is what I found by searching online.
    The risk of an ectopic pregnancy is greater than before you had the tubal. Since this can be life threatening, you need to be tested ASAP.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• By having your tubes"tied" what did you mean? If you had the fallopian rings put on, then YES it's very possible!! If you had them cut and burned at the ends, like I did 13 years ago, I wouldn't worry.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I had a tubaligation done 16 years ago and I haven't had to worry. I had mine clamped, so it's been this long....I don't think I could get pregnant now? (Right Aprilmorgans?) I do remember the doctor telling me though after I had it done to wait a month or two before we went without protection.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• okay thanks girls... I did get an appointment but doc couldn't see me until next week. He did explain to me that it was possible but not likely at the time of the surgery. But he also did tell me that he did have a couple one time both of them has surgeries and they still ended up a yr later she got pregnant and they had another baby. so that didn't help with the vote of confidence after he did the surgery and I prayed that it wouldn't happen to us but if it just has happened then I guess it is meant to be... I guess even though my husband wouldn't be so happy about it I guess he'll just have to get over it huh.. Because I don't believe in abortions..
    momof5monsters

Answer by momof5monsters at 11:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008