QUESTION ABOUT PREGANCY WEIGHT....

OK #1 YES I EAT ENOUGH. NOW- I EAT LIKE 1800-2000 CALS A DAY, BUT I HAVE ALREADY GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT AND IM ONLY IN MY 4MONTH (15+ LBS). WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? I EAT GOOD. IM A VEGITARIAN. WHEN NOT PG-YES I KNOW ITS BAD-I ONLY EAT LIKE1200 CALS A DAY BECAUSE IF I EAT MORE THAN THAT I GAIN TOO MUCH WEIGHT. HELP! ANYONE KNOW WHY IM GAINING WEIGHT SO FAST/OR IS THAT NORMAL? HELP PLEASE~KAY

KAYOCHOA

Asked by KAYOCHOA at 6:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I gained 50lbs with my first child. We tend to eat less then what we should before getting pregnant. When you start eating what you should you put the weight on, which some of us that would be healthy weight. I was 128 when I got pregnant, and I'm normally 135-140, so once I stopped dieting, and starting eating three meals, etc I put 15 lbs on right away. Doctor said no worries. With me I didn't gain it anywhere but my stomach and boobs.
    morthanjustamom

Answer by morthanjustamom at 11:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• is this your first pregnancy? and were you pretty light before baby? in your first preg. you usually do gain alot of weight. I gained a whole lot too, you can gain up to 25 pounds in a month and it will be fine and it's normal. and curious why are you counting calories? you shouldn't worry to much about that while prego, just stay away from really fatty foods. good luck.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 6:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Did you start eating meat after you found out you were pregnant? I was a vegetarian (hadn't touched meat for ten years) before I was pregnant, but then started to crave whoppers and steak during pregnancy. Since my body wasn't used to the fat content of meat, I quickly gained weight. However, it has leveled out now that my body is used to it. Also, don't worry about calories during your pregnancy. When you are pregnant you need to add 300 extra calories to your normal diet. This is the equivalent to an extra dairy and protein servings.
    mommyoftwins903

Answer by mommyoftwins903 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• JUST TO ADD~THIS IS MY 2ND PREGNACY&I WAS LIKE 20LBS OVER WEIGHT BEFORE I GOT PREGNET. NO I DON'T EAT MEAT/BUT DO CRAVE IT. I DON'T COUNT CALS ALL DAY BUT DO NOT WANT TO USE BEING PREGNET AS EXCUSE TO GAIN TONS OF WEIGHT. DOCTOR SAID YOU ONLY NEED TO EAT 2000-2300CALS AT MOST FOR BABY 2 BE HEATHY. I EAT ALL FOOD GROUPS CORRECTLY. :) :) ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Every body is different, as is every person. I had gained 20 pounds by my 20th week....at 40 weeks, I had gained 31 pounds. I would say it is normal. Besides, I am not saying it is an excuse to gain excessive amounts of weight just for the heck of it - but you are PREGNANT! You are going to gain weight...you are carrying around a whole other little person inside you
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2008