How can i get motivated?

Hi. I need to lose weight. I am fat and unhappy with myself. I know i need to lose weight...and i want to lose weight...but i can't seem to find the motivation to do anything....please help!!!

kld1979

Asked by kld1979 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Every Monday, weigh in & make up post it notes with your weight on them... STICK THEM EVERYWHERE!

Trust me, you have to look at that number every time you turn around, you will be MUCH more motivated to make it go down - especially when people start to ask what this number is!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Find a budy.. it makes ALL the diference. and set small goals with reasonable rewards. To big of goals you will get board. too big of rewards that you cant actually do for yourself for sure and you will loose intrest. also find something that works for YOU.
    jat82

Answer by jat82 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What is your "Why"?
    Why do you really want to loss the weight? To feel better, to look better, to be healthier, to set an example for your children, to live longer?
    Come up with a good reason and let that be your driving force to get you moving.
    My "Why" is my kids. Being healthy is the best gift I can give them.
    I've watched friends and family care for someone who neglected their health, it's stressful and heartbreaking for everyone.

www.mwellnessgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Great advice above. Check out my journal post about weight loss. I love answering these kinds of questions for moms but it is too long to fit in answers. I hope you find it useful!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Weight Watchers there is support there and you feel good about yourself when you lose.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think Weight Watchers is very good. I am going through a very rough patch on motivation myself. I like the idea of the post it notes. That sounds like a good idea, but for the long term, you can't beat Weight Watchers. Good luck.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It's great to find a buddy...also take a "before" picture of yourself naked or in underwear. I find that looking in the mirror I don't think I look bad, but in pictures I am horrified so putting the picture in a place that only I will see but will see on a daily basis is good motivation. Put sticky notes on cabinets that contain snack foods that you don't want to eat if you still have them in the house. If you want a buddy, message me and I can listen to your frustrations :). I am not currently trying to lose weight actively because I'm pregnant, but I'm always looking to make new friends. :)
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• One day at a time. Start by eliminating junk food, drink more water and start walking.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Good advice up above^^^

It sounds silly, but .....buy a work out outfit or two at Ross or something. clothes that make you feel cute;) It motivates me to get dressed in them anyway.

Don't start out by working out. Start being more active. Go for hikes, walks, play "sports" with the kids, whether it's dodgeball, wall ball, baseball, soccer, catch...
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 8:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Find a buddy!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2011