Man being abused

Do you think less of a man if he says he is in a abusive relationship? I think its horrible and a man deserves help just as much as a woman and it doesnt make him less.

jat82

Asked by jat82 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's becoming more common. Men could fight back, but don't want to because generally they would get in bigger trouble with the law.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i agree they should be able to fight back however men are stronger than women and my friend jennifer keeps saying she starts hitting her fiance, but somehow she always ends up in a worse condition than him so idk what a good solution would be for abuse in both genders
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• bumpI agree

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My mother abused my step father. She hit him in the head with things, threw things at him, beat on him, threatened to kill him, and he just sat there- never even tried to defend himself. It was hard growing up watching that. He didn't deserve any of it- she was crazy and I didn't view him as weak, I viewed him as a victim- just like me.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My DH was abused by one of his X wives. In fact she was so out of control she put him the hospital with 3rd degree burns. While he was sleeping she poured a bottle of lighter fluid on him and set him on fire! =(
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No, not at all. And I think domestic violence toward men is a lot more common than people think!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree. The man I'm seeing now told me his last relationship ended badly because she was physically abusive toward him. I don't think less of him, I think it's good he left her.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010