Can a man defend himself

If a man is being hit or abused by a woman does he have the right to hit her (not beat her sensless but hit her) to defend himself? I saw a post like this elsewhere on the site and it was very interesting to me.

jat82

Asked by jat82 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Does a woman have the right to defend her self if she is being hit? Self defense should never be a double standard.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes. Why should a man be able to be abused and now defend himself?
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think every person, male or female, has the right to use any means to DEFEND themselves.
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No matter what your gender is, if you hit someone expect to be hit back.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• For the record I TOTALLY agree with you guys!
    jat82

Comment by jat82 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't think anyone has the right to hit another person...period. But I've always said that if I think I'm tough enough to hit a man, I better be tough enough for him to hit me back.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If he is way bigger than her then he should restrain her from abusing him. Ask for some help (even sometimes men try not to let others know about the abuse) But if she's getting the best of you, do what you have to do to stop her!!! Then leave or make her leave, until she can get some help for herself!!! If she really loves him she will try and get some help. You can't win all battles, so if it don't stop get out of the situation!!! I'm Just saying.....

Be101

Answer by Be101 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010