I have a 1 and 2 yr old whos birthday is this Jan, I want to have a joint party but my husband does not agree. Do you think it is a good Idea to have a party with two themes? I am expecting and very tired, I am okay with cake and icecream at this point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I see nothing wrong with it. I always had a party with my brother, we are 1 year apart (Jan 31 1981 & Jan 31 1982 LOL)

haha if hubby wants separate parties, let him do all the planning and stuff! :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have 18 siblings and I shared a birthday with this one sister most years and it helped me learn to share and be consideret of others. I think that since you are pregnant it won't hurt your children at all to share a party for a year.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Especially at these young ages, the children won't care. Do you even need a party? Or would a bit of cake and ice cream along with opening presents with family members or a couple close friends be enough? My sons were a couple days apart and we typically had just one party. Sometimes on the exact date I'd give them cake and ice cream, but usually if we had something such as a party, it ws for both.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• They are still too young to realize. I think it may help bring them closer to have a party together. just make it big so they know how much you love them since a new baby will soon be taking up most of your attention. Assure them that their bdays are special and they will always be your babies when the new one arrives :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my SIL has my neices party together. they are almost 5yrs apart. they do it that way because family comes from all over. and their birthday is a week apart. it's just eaiser to do it that way. they are young they don't even really know whats going on.
    marinewife52704

Answer by marinewife52704 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My kids are 10 months apart and we've have a few times done 1 party for the both of them. We did that again this year (they turned 7 and 6 this year).

We just did 2 small cakes, one of each child, and they each got their own presents....it was fine!!! And my kids enjoyed it!! At 1 and 2 years old they aren't really going to remember and if it will help you out, I think DH should possible reconsider, at least for this year, seeing the wife is expecting and throwing a party and having people over can be draining!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my sister and i had alot of joint parties. jan 3 and jan 12. i always loved it. i dont see a problem with it.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 9:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• They won't care. I shared a party with my brother for years - we were 4 years and 1 day apart. It wasn't until mid-grade school that my mom gave us seperate parties and neither of us minded.

There are so many characters that all kids this age love. Just pick one of those and make things easy on yourself.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i would make the parties together they dont have to have the perfect party as long as they know its for both and i dont think they would care and it would be cheaper and save you from alot of stress. they really wont remember it so just make them feel special i guess. i learned my lesson with my twin girls i was stressed out for weeks but it rained and we just went to mcdonalds and they supply the cake and stuff so why not??
    miztexuz

Answer by miztexuz at 1:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• just have it together- I agree with another if DH wants 2 he can plan it!! LOL You're pregnant take it easy & blessings on you & yours.
    collinsmom72

Answer by collinsmom72 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008