is it really safe?

I had to have some teeth pulled and my wisdom tooth cut out cause it had a cyst around it and my OB said it was ok to take Tylenol 3 with codeine for the pain and that is what the dentist prescribed me. I took them in moderation and only at night for about 4 or 5 days. I have read many different opinions on it and researched it but have found both good and bad things about it.... i have had previous miscarriages and my OB knows it and I don't really think he would give me anything that he thought would harm the baby.... i guess after reading all this i just need some assurance... I know my friend was given it when she was pregnant and her baby is just fine....

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 1:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yep. i took it for my back for a short time when i was preg...no problems
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• OH BTW im 14 1/2 weeks pregnant now and was given these when i was 13 1/2 weeks pregnant
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well you have already taken it so there is nothing you can do about it now. It should have been okay, because your Doctor should have prescribed you a drug that was safe to take while pregnant. A good doctor should have also informed you of any risks. A good consumer should have also asked. We can ask our care providers, we can ask the pharmacist. We can even google! www.drugs.com is a great resource for drugs and you can even keep a log of all the drugs you are taking so see if any of them work against each other.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I did ask and he said it was safe but after researching i became a bit worried because i read that some people said it had bad side effects for them
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010