I am interested in adding more vegetarian to my diet, but without tofu. Does anyone know where I could find some good recipes??

I want to cut out more meat and make more vegetarian dishes, but most of the ones I've seen center around tofu. I've tried it and I don't like it. Does anyone know where I could find some good recipes that center around beans or grains?? I've tried allrecipes, but didn't really find anything.

ColeParkerMason

Asked by ColeParkerMason at 1:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Vegetariantimes.com
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• took the words out of my mouth ballewall!!! also tofu has really no taste, it absorbs whatever spice or flavor you put in it, I have been a vegetarian for years and I do not particularly like the texture of it, but I have found that mixing it with other veggies it camouflages some of that. There are also some Morning Star products (frozen) that are soy bean based that taste awesome.

Answer by older at 1:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• VT isn't perfect (their articles try to make me feel bad for not being vegan, and I hate that) but they have a lot of good recipes. Also, it's fairly easy to make a regular recipe vegetarian.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Wholefoods has some really good vegan based recipes as well.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• http://www.girlsgonechild.net/search/label/eat%20well?max-results=5

I love this blog! She has great recipes. Try her quiona salad. It''s a fav in my house!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Send me a message. I have a ton of veg recipes (we don't eat meat). Let me know if your family has any food allergies or sensitivities, strong likes or dislikes, and if you have a slowcooker

Answer by rkoloms at 12:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010