Neighborhood kids

Is your house the neighbohood hang out and diner?

Mine is 6 days a week and I'm getting little kid overload.

Shines3

Asked by Shines3 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We had set days because it becomes overwhelming & EXPENSIVE (the snacks, the drinks, the snacks). It is nice that they like to hang at your house, but I completely understand you wanting them to just go home sometimes.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• not many kids in neighborhood but yes everyone one knows come hungry and ill feed you, your always welcome
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It was when the kids were small and it is still now not with neighbors but with my 23 year old friends. Just recently got a visit from a kid who grew up here, and came back as an adult to say hi, which was very nice.....yes, this house has always been inviting to all.

Answer by older at 1:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• mine was until i started really limiting the video games : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LEARN TO SAY NO. No, the kids can't come over. No I am busy all day.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We were like that with just one boy in particular. He would invite himself over all the time, just show up. It would have been fine, but he didn't listen very well and I just felt like I didn't want to be responsible when he got hurt, and quite frankly I didn't want to have a kid around that didn't listen to me. As it turned out, school work increased and I just put my foot down and said no playtime after school during the week. Once I put my foot down, everything was under control. Now, when they're older, I would rather be the place they all hang out at, get to know who my kids are hanging out with, kind of have an eye on them, but they're still relativeley young at this point. Good luck!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope. My son asks permission to have friends over or I speak with parents about kids coming to our house. I don't have a revolving door and I never allow kids over unless their parents know where they are.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope. We don't like being run over with kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My house is like that, and I welcome it. I would rather all these kids be at my house and know what they are doing then somewhere and not know. If the food and snacks are a problem I would ask the parents to send over juice boxes and snacks. Also if it is too overwhelming set days of the week that its ok.
    pcbc

Answer by pcbc at 1:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Maybe I'm just not that kind of mom or person because I'm wanting to pull my damn hair out. Any tips?
    Shines3

Comment by Shines3 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010