i'm scared

i'm afraid of my husband. i tried to get help yesterday, but he made me look like a fool and now no one believes me. what will it take for someone to believe me? or will it be to late before they do? yes there is more, but it won't fit here. and i now have no one i can trust to talk to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• google 'how to escape an absuvise husband' lots and lots of articles with plans, ideas, things you should do before you leave
    Anonymous

• We believe you. Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233 or go to their website at www.ndvh.org or call your local DV Shelter. They will believe you. I have a group here on cafemom for women in such relationships. If you need someone to talk to PM me or join the group (or any dv group on cafemom). We are here for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• p.s. part of an abuser's ploy to keep control and the focus off of him is to make you look foolish and to discredit you so no one will believe you. Those who deal with abusers know that so don't be afraid to keep seeking help. Hugs. Addie

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• well whoever you r there is always help start looking for shelters for abused woman if your family and friends don't believe u. also once you start researching these shelters also get information how to get a restraining order get out with ur kids if u have any but be very careful do it when he is working and think you'll be waiting at home for him...
    smiley_36

Answer by smiley_36 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I'm so sorry you are scared. Why are you scared? Did he hit you, hurt you? Or does he just have a temper? Maybe you do have to take off. Maybe you can think about it first. The ladies who answered before me are all right, there is help out there if you need it. But also, do you pray? Do you love him? I wish I could talk to you because what if there is an answer besides running away. Is he good to you usually but gets mad? I hope you won't mind if I pray that God gives you the wisdom to do the right thing. Hang in there, okay?
    Shelley522

Answer by Shelley522 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• if you decide to leave on your own my only advice is that you have a plan. definitely follow the advice of the other posters and get outside help.
    brimarie8

Answer by brimarie8 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• you definately need a plan. you need to let your family know whats going on so when you do leave they all know and can help you out. is he abusive in anyway?? why are you scared of him?? if worse comes to worse, the police are always there to help you and find a shelter to stay at so he cant find you.....
    saramae17

Answer by saramae17 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• P.S. please believe you are not to blame for this...... you need to keep your head up and stay strong. If you wanna talk, please let me know.
    saramae17

Answer by saramae17 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2008