I'm watching Judge Mathis, and it makes me wonder about something.

The case is about two boys fighting on a school bus. One says the other was in his assigned seat,and that's why he hit the other boy. Yet, the one who did the hitting has been in trouble before for the same. And,his Mom says he's not a bully. What, in your mind constitutes a bully, and do you think there is a point a parent should admit thier child is in fact a bully, or do parents need to keep defending thier kids, regardless?

jaycietaylorgma

Asked by jaycietaylorgma at 1:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Parents who make excuses for their kids bad behaviors raise bullies and unproductive adults

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A bully is someone who uses threats, intimidation, and violence to control someone elses behavior.

Just because you get in a fight doesn't make you a bully.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My biggest pet peeve with parents is hearing teachers or other adults tell then something their child did and THEY DEFEND them and say HE SAID HE DIDNT DO IT...

My kids know better..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• This is just one of MANY instances with her child.

She keeps covering for him and making excuses. I am really sad about the type of man he is growing into.

So I agree with Sweetakins..."Parents who make excuses for their kids bad behaviors raise bullies and unproductive adults"
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Some parents find it hard to admit their offspring are anything but perfect, but a child who pushes another by intimidation or force is certainly a bully. Love, yes, it is true, we finally agree on something!!! love ya!

Answer by older at 2:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• These parents who say their kids are always innocent are usually the ones that end up in front of the parole board saying their kids are STILL innocent. Well, you get the idea of what I'm trying to say

SHUT the front door! lol...That made me really LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Parents who make excuses for their kids bad behaviors raise bullies and unproductive adults"

I agree!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with you on that, sweet. And, that mother kept insisting her son wasn't a bully, while all the while talking about him being in trouble for fighting other kids. At some point, that kid needs to take responsibility for his own actions, and quit letting his parents take up for him. These kids are in high school, by the way, so he's old enough already.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Exactly. My kids always knew if they had done something, they could expect the consequences. If I honestly thought they were being unfairly accused, I'd ask for some kind of proof, but I knew them well enough to know if it was true or not, usually. These parents who say their kids are always innocent are usually the ones that end up in front of the parole board saying their kids are STILL innocent. Well, you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. LOL.
    jaycietaylorgma

Comment by jaycietaylorgma (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My sister is raising two bullies. The older one is 14 and last year he beat up the neighbor kid, I mean stomped him repeatedly in the stomach while on the trampoline. I walked outside right after it happened and saw him trying to intimidate the boy and my son who was a witness. I went inside and explained to my sister what happened and she totally blew me off. The boy wanted to call his mom, but my sister talked him out of it until she could gloss it over with him. She told the mom some jacked up story and now the boys are "best friends"
    I left and didn't see my sister for 9 months. We see her now, but the relationship is strained. I flat out told her that if it was my kid that her son beat up I would have called the police. I also told her that her kid was a bully and a liar, he lies about everything. When we see her I make sure my son is not left alone with her son. I just don't trust that kid at all.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010