Okay, ladies... Tell me about "Pagan Ethics"

What are Pagan Ethics in your mind? or on your path?

All answers are welcome, but obviously this is meant more for the Pagan Ladies...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pagan ethics are to me just the ethics of being a human being. Be excellent to each other. I don't see that ethics ever need to be tied to the religion that someone does practice, or that one kind is superior to the other.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I should have noted this is for my blog...

And I have one additional question - Where does your view of Ethics stem from? Is it a teaching within your faith or something more basic?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No, it's not through my faith at all. My belief of ethics stems from secular humanism.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Harm none.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my ethics come from grade school.."treat others how you want to be treated." oh and Hammurabi's code.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 4:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• whatever you put out comes back 3 fold
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well because I live a lot of my life according to Native American traditions I feel that ethics are vital. Respect the Earth, the animals, the land, the water, the sun, the moon, and stars, the trees. Our Earth teaches us so much of respect and how to live ethically.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It all comes down to responsibility - you are responsible for your own actions, others are responsible for theirs. This shouldn't be confused with the rede or things coming back threefold, it's not an assumption that everyone starts out good and you only consider them not good if they do something bad - it's that everyone starts out neutral and good must be earned just like bad. With that in mind, it is your responsibility to be good to those who deserve it, but at the same time, it is also your responsibility to not assume good in those who haven't earned it. Being taken in by a liar is as much your own fault as theirs, which all comes back around to you treat others as they have earned being treated.

As to where it comes from, where do you draw the line between life observation and teachings of faith when both reinforce the other?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I am not pagan. But funny how the answers sound just like the New testament. Do onto others as you would have done unto you.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Depressedmom - Religion is Religion is Religion... If you look beyond the zealots and propaganda, you'll find the vast majority have the same foundations, the same ideals & in many ways, even the same beliefs - just with some different words.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010