How do I get him to stop!?

Im not a dog person. I love animals but i don't have much patience. My husband brings home a new dog like every other month thinking this time i will want to keep it. I have told him plenty of times that dont like or want to take car of a dog. He is not listening!

chanelsparkels

Asked by chanelsparkels at 2:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Maybe make a pact. Every time he brings a dog home, you go to the salon for a 3hr pampering session. It will get spendy fast and he won' t bring any home;)
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 1:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well, if your husband keeps bringing dogs home, maybe HE really wants one? If you don't have the patience, could you maybe tell him that if he really wants a dog, HE is going to be the one responsible for it? Compromise somehow?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i say put him off tell him in a year or two when things settle down and kids are older. not fair to the dog if you get htem and give them back. tell him it is cruel to tease a dog with love whena better match may miss out on the dog he grabs first. get him a large stuffed dog to play with
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If he wants one so bad tell him fine , but it's HIS responsibility to take care of it.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We have definitely tried compromising. But I am a SAHM here all day with my 2 yr old he works 6-6 Mon thru Fri...he doesn't have time to take care of it during the day. I dont want to take it out to go potty when im trying to nap or i get too busy cleaning to play with it. Dogs need attention i cant give them that. Then when i make it clear the dog has to go, I am stuck getting rid of it!
    chanelsparkels

Comment by chanelsparkels (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Tell him to get into the car with the dog and drive very far away. LOL J/K Simply put you have to find a way to communicate to your spouse not us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010