Has anyone ever broken a blood vessel in their finger?

I don't remember hitting my hand on anything, but I did have a big spill to clean up last night where I was scrubbing with a cloth for long time and then used a vacuum. When I was done, I noticed a purplish spot on the back of one of my fingers. I can still move my fingers, so I don't think it's broken. Today the purple area spread more and it's a lot darker. Has anyone else had this strange injury (if it's an injury), or maybe it's something more serious? I'm not finding a lot of information on line, and what I've found is vague. Just wondering if someone had anything similar that turned out to be minor trauma and healed on it's own or if it was a sign of a serious problem.

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• Post a picture...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Ok...not the greatest photo in the world...my camera wasn't taking good pictures close up and I'm right handed so it was awkward. I wanted to take a second pic to show it was really dark on both sides of my finger and the back, but it just turned out blurry. I don't recall hitting anything, but I'm wondering if this could happen from gripping something (like the cloth or vacuum) too hard. I've read about BP problems causing it, but mine was normal last time I went to the Dr (last month). I just don't want to bother going to the doctor if it's nothing and will just heal on it's own, but if it's rare I don't want to ignore a bigger problem.

http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=13846202
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not sure, does your Dr have a nurse line you could call?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010