MIL dressing my kids

Do you feel obligated to dress your kids in the clothes your mil buys even if you hate them?

I don't, but I here constant baggering from dh. idk

aitson

Asked by aitson at 2:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine always buys her tons of stuff. Usually it isn't too bad. If I don't like it I don't put it on her, but luckily we live a couple hours away, so she won't ever know. Or if I don't like it I will just send her to daycare in it, because she always gets her clothes dirty there! :) I am super annoyed though that she has already bought my daughter 3 christmas dresses. I only like one of them, but still not what I would pick out. Doesn't she think I would like to buy it for her?
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would probably put the outfit on my child only when she was coming over. When she leaves I would have my child take it off.
    goldengrl65

Answer by goldengrl65 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope, sure don't. But, she's actually picked him out some nice clothes, so I do have him wear them, but not necessarily just because she's around or not. Unfortunately tho, she's picked out clothes that are too dressy and I like to keep him in clothes that he can get dirty in, because he gets pretty dirty at school, especially when he eats and I don't want them getting stained.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Mine actually stopped because my oldest needs to try on clothes. but I never had an issue with what she bought if it fit.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have never HATED anything she bought. If I don't like it, I will put it on when she comes just to make her feel good.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• There have been a few shirts (cheesy touristy travel t-shirts) that my mil bought my kids that did not like and I thought they were tacky. Most of them I kept and the kids wore them only when they went to mil's. A few that were the wrong size or 'too girly' looking (for boys who were over 8yrs old) I either put out to rummage sale or donated.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If I don't like it, then I don't put them in it. Thank God we have the same taste basically.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• luckily my MIL lives out of state so i takes pics of her in the out fit and then send it to her!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• when she visits or we are going to see her. There is nothing out there that is so horrible I will never put my kids in them.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010