What is a girl thing to do? What is a boy thing to do?

My daughters were so into barbies. But my boy never was into any thing. He loves to read and go on and play computer games.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My girls are not that into traditionally 'girl' things. Neither has been remotely interested in dolls. They both like animals... my younger dd's birthday is coming up next month and what she wants the most is the Playmobil set with the dragon and the knight. My older girl loves Webkinz... both the stuffed animals and the online game that goes with it. No doll is on either of their Christmas lists. My son likes the 'traditionally boy' things... Transformers and Star Wars are the two main things and have been for the past couple of years. He also likes non-fiction books about nature, animals, etc.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well I liked Barbies as well as Legos and trucks and art and reading and sports and other stuff. There is no "girl thing" and "boy thing" any more, nor should there be.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Cars and trains and planes...my son loves them. We got him little tracks and vehicles...he will play for hours with his whole fleet and mini city
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Had to ask a spin off ques from this one. But yea my son kinda plays with dolls too, not just the cars lol. There is no politically correct boy toys or girl toys anymore
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010