Anyone hire extra help around the holidays?

it seems that my to do list keeps getting longer and the days r flying by. i could use help with cleaning, wrapping and babysitting. I usually try to take this on by myself . but it seems to get more stressful every year.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 2:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• My sisters come home from college then and I give them my kids for a few hours a couple days and I get a ton of stuff done and they all love spending time together! Plus its FREE! I ♥ it...can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving...they haven't seen my baby walk or heard her talk yet =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 2:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I can see hiring a cleaning lady and babysitters to go out shopping or to parties. I can't see paying someone to wrap but I enjoy wrapping anyway.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No, no need for this.

Answer by older at 2:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Personally, I would not hire someone to do extra things around the holidays but if you think you need to so that you can have a less stressful holiday then I say go for it. I try not to take on any more things than I need to so that I can avoid holiday meltdown. If my house isn't clean enough so be it because we all know it will need a good cleaning again after the holidays anyway. I like OBlmomma's idea of her sisters helping out - they get to see their neice and she gets time to get things done.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Last year at this time I would have loved to hire someone besides the babysitter.It seemed I would get up go to school come home make dinner and homework then to bed. We didn't even have our tree up until Christmas eve.And thank god SO did the shopping.

This year I'm looking forward to decorating our home. Not much shopping because money is tight.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 2:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well i do have family members but they don't offer much help, and my 3 year old does not take a nap anymore so it is very hard to get the gifts wrapped. I know that it will get done in the end regardleshour and a halfs of how stressfull it is, and as far as shopping i live and hour to and a half away from any shopping centers. I do know that i should not stress about this because i know that there is alot of people that have bigger issues to stress about, i try and do my part in donations and helping others also. i just wish it was more enjoyable and so stressful.
    hollieshobbie

Comment by hollieshobbie (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would order online what I could and then plan a few shopping trips and get a sitter for those days. I would hire a cleaning lady to come help get the house ready if you are having family in for the holidays. If yo are focusing on the meal and your child it is hard to get the cleaning done.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would love to have someone come and clean my house for the holidays but can't afford it
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• nope do it all myself unless the kids help
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2011