I have had my tubes cut , tied and burned can i ever get pregnant again without a reversal?

kulkitty

Asked by kulkitty at 2:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think so, the "connection" has been severed. Because they were burned, I'm not even sure they can do a reversal... I'm sorry :(
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no. and there's no guarantee you will get pregnant with a reversal either. the chances are lower for it being successful because you had all that done. it would probably be more effective (and a better use of your money) if you had IVF.
    Anonymous

• I had the same procedure. My doctor way back 23 years ago said there is a 1% chance of getting pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not likely... tubal ligation is about 99% (or more) effective, and most failures are when tubes are simply clamped, not cut and cauterized. Two options to look into are tubal reversal or IVF, though both are costly. Hope this helps a bit- lots of luck!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I was also going to say IVF. Reversal after X number of years isn't a 'good' option either. The longer it has been the less of a chance you have for a successful repair.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Freela,u can't do ivf if your tubes r out of order permantenly.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• IVF might work for you and would not require a reversal.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I had mine done 8 years ago and my doc said that there was only the will of God to get me preg. There is always adoption. I know people always say that, but it's true. I hope you have luck in anything you try to do...God Bless you!
    Be101

Answer by Be101 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• hahahha yes u can get pregnant again. my doctor said 1 in 200 women get pregnant again with a tubel. i had mine done in 08 and my ob gyn(different doc) recently told me that because of health problems ive been having since that surgery i should think about a reversal.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 2:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• IVF is an option actually. They harvest the eggs form you ovaries which are still there, fertilize them with sperm (DH,SO, Donor) The plant them in the uterus just like any other IVF.
    Anonymous