Shes pinching me....

During breastfeeding my 7 month old pinches my boob, those tiny little pinches that really hurt!
I've taken her hands off and tell her no-no it hurts mommy... she starts doing it again!
I've put my hand over my boob but she smacks it away!
Any other ideas to get her to stop and am i wrong to think shes just being a brat??

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 2:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is a much better site actually. I guess the one I got mine from doesn't sell anymore...

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• BEST INVENTION EVER for this problem!!  Nursing beads.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Give her something to hold while she is nursing
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's a self soothing thing, my dd did it too. Still does now and then, and it really does hurt. I give her one of the little security blankets with the stuffed animal head on it or a recieving blanket to hold and that usually helps.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She is trying to stimulate your breast to make more milk... a common thing among BF babies... try letting her hold your finger, another object, or just sheild your breast... she isn't trying to be a brat... she is doing something completely instinctual.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She is not being a brat! She is too young to understand no at 7 months. I suggest going to a La Leche League or other breastfeeding mother's support group meeting. It will help you learn about normal nursing behaviors and child development. You can meet other moms with babies about the same age and make friends.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010