What do you think about this?

Recently on he news there has been a study that drinking a few alcoholic drinks a week during pregnancy can be beneficial to your baby? wtf? Im trying to find the story online to post it. I think is bull sh**

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 9:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• did you know that America is the one of the few countries that recommend not drinking alcohol while pregnant? Europe recommends it and their medical standards are higher than ours.
    Anonymous

• total load of crap! Would you give your newborn a bottle with any kind of alcohol in it??
    Anonymous

• I would probably be almost certain that Europe probably only says the wine is okay and doesn't recommend "drinking"... obviously the same side effects happen here to babies as in Europe.... So either way, No I also think it is BS
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I know that small amount of a red wine can be beneficial to your blood, but I would take chances...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• actually Europe does recommend Red Wine for pregnant women due to the iron that is in it. They OBVIOUSLY don't recommend getting drunk! they say 1 glass at a time, like 1 a week.
    Anonymous

• Sure, risk giving your baby Fetal Alcohol Syndrome... There is no safe amount, 1 drink could harm your unborn baby. They should know that. Why take that risk??
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• There was a post about it that i read no too long ago here's the link to the website

http://www.momlogic.com/2008/10/new_study_says_drinking_while.php

itsme0221

Answer by itsme0221 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I just heard about that too. I say better safe then sorry. I think it's the same as handing your baby a beer. I would never do that.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 10:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I think that's wrong, but that's just me, i do know of women who have had a glass of red wine here and there to calm them while pregnant. I never have,but they all have kids and they r all fine.idk?
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 11:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Well, there's all sorts of studies out there saying one glass of wine is good for the heart, etc. but there are even more studies saying that even that small amount ups a woman's chance of breast cancer. I've heard grape juice has all the same benefits as wine. My aunt has fetal alcohol syndrome (my grandma didn't know she was pregnant) and it is not a pretty thing, so I don't even chance it at all,since no one knows how much alcohol causes it.
    Anonymous