Implanon users...maybe TMI

Okay I recently got the Implanon planted in my arm (I got this 2 weeks after having baby). My doctor said that irregular bleeding and spotting was normal. Since I was still bleeding from having the baby I don't know if you would consider this irregular bleeding or not. I bleed enough to have a pad but to much for a liner. I only need to replace the pad once to twice a day (morning and night). When I had my last child I wasn't bleeding into almost the 4th week. Is what I am experiencing normal? I talked to my doctor and he said that everything is okay but I would like a woman's opinion that has had one of these things implanted.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 2:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its not uncommon to bleed 6wks after having a baby. I have had implanon for just under 1.5 years and I love it. I do have some irregular spotting here and there, but very light panty liner type spotting. I have a light period every 2-3 months now. I think its a fair trade off for not having to worry about the pill.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010