Do you have a friend who...

..only really comes around when shes having marital problems? Then when things get better she disappears and rarely calls? It's kind of frustrating to me. I'm so glad she knows that she can come to me with issues and I am always willing to lend my ear and advice. But, i'm also here when things are going well also.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I had a friend like that. She used to always only call or ask me to hang out when she and her husband were fighting and her other friend was busy. She called me one day and asked if I wanted to go to the mall. She said "He and I are fighting and I need to get out of the house. I tried calling "other friend" but she's working today". So I told her that it's crap that I can't hang out with her any other time, but she's quick to call me when the other friend is busy. That was about 3 years ago, and we've hung out twice since. Sometimes we got a couple of months without talking to each other. I feel bad that we're not close anymore, but it makes me wonder if we were even as close as I thought we were in the first place.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No.

I would call that type of person and acquaintance not a friend. An acquaintance that I probably would not have much if anything to do with.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I had one... then she and her husband officially split and she left and moved to another state. I've messaged her and never received a response. I kept seeing her update her statuses and stuff but never bother to write me. I tried commenting on her status and got nothing back. So I gave up and deleted her and STILL haven't heard from her. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do you ever call her up when you haven't heard from her in awhile-just to say hi and see how things are going? I have a sister-in-law that does that, She only calls when her world seems to be upside down, but then again I am usually too busy to pick up the phone and call her out of the blue just to see how things are. Maybe we wouldn't have anything to talk about-haha.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010