Can i get my son a baby doll?

My son loves to play with his stuffed toys and treat them like babies. He will put a blanket on them to keep em warm. Feed them milk from his sippy cup, "read" and sing to them. He is only 2.5 but he is very nurturing. I was thinking about getting him a boy doll for xmas...Do you think it will be ok?

chanelsparkels

Asked by chanelsparkels at 2:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• People who tell you that a 2.5 year old boy will become gay by playing with a doll has issues about there own sexuality. Get your kiddo a doll. There is nothing wrong with teaching a boy that holding and loving is a good thing :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son (26 months) is exactly the same. He puts blankets on his stuffed animals, gives them binkies, makes me kiss them goodnight, the whole 9 yards. I don't see anything wrong with getting him a doll... It doesn't even have to be a boy doll. I'm thinking of getting mine a Raggedy Ann, because he LOVES the one at daycare.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Of course you can. My oldest had a doll. Cabbage Patch makes THE cutest baby boy dolls! A boy doll would be more like a "buddy" for him.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Of course it is ok. I never understand these questions and see them all the time on here, like, why wouldn't it be ok??? What do you think will happen if you get him a doll? Why can't boys play "daddy" like girls play "mommy" ? I think its great.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My mom just bought one for our 2 year old, and he loves it! It was for the same reason, he kept calling his stuffed animals babies and was pretending to feed them, etc. I think it's fine. Boys can learn to nurture too. :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no not at all. my little nephew is extrememly more nuturting then my oldest one. even though the oldest is too and they are very boys in everyway possible but he is so loving to my dd. so yea you can def give him a doll. its a good thing for boys to be that way. i think its adorable. today this little boy at daycare and my daughter were walking around with a play stroller together. nothing wrong with it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Why not? You're the parent. ;)
    I have 3 sons and none of them showed interest in a doll so they never got one, but had they, I would have gotten them one. If you are uncomfortable with that then he can nurture a stuffed animal or two. My boys all did what your son does with tucking in stuffed animals and having birthday parties for them, etc.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• aww that sweet!
    chanelsparkels

Comment by chanelsparkels (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I was worried because i have gotten flack for it...that i could make him gay and its just a step from barbies and fashion...(i dont mind if he turns out that way) but still i dont want lead him there either
    chanelsparkels

Comment by chanelsparkels (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've bought my son a baby doll for his first birthday and for Christmas. He was in that stage where he liked baby dolls. He's not so interested in them anymore. He moved on to Transformers, dinosaurs, spiderman, toy soldiers, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010