Own Little World

Have you heard the song by Matthew West? "In my own little world it hardly ever rains,
I’ve never gone hungry, always felt safe. I got some money in my pocket, shoes on my feet. In m own little world Population me.
Stopped at the red light, looked out my window, Outside the car, saw a sign, said “Help this homeless widow” Just above this sign was the face of a human. I thought to myself, “God, what have I been doing?” So I rolled down my window and I looked her in the eye. Oh how many times have I just passed her by. I gave her some money then I drove on through. In my own little world there’s Population two. What if there’s a bigger picture, what if I’m missing out? What if there’s a greater purpose I could be living right now outside my own little world?
(That's just part of the lyrics. Definitely somethign to thinkabout).

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 2:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No... sounds interesting.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Look it up on youtube. It's excellent.
    ceallaigh

Comment by ceallaigh (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That is an excellent song. I have been homeless and starving, so I can't say I've never known that (like it says in the song). That experience gave me a unique viewpoint on certain issues because of some of the people I've known over the years. I think that a good thing we can do is to show people caring and kindness one person at a time.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yup ... I love it.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• sounds good to me and if we could all do that in our life ever day wow how good we would feel in side what power rushhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I LOVE that song! It really has inspired many to look outside of themselves and their "little world."
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010