Have you had a "mid-crisis?" What did you do and how old were you when it occurred?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 2:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. 40... and I didn't do anything except start changing how I thought about things.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes.. I'm 48 years old.. I have had a few mid life crisis in my lifetime.. lol

To me personally. A mid life crisis is a time of questioning, questioning ones happiness, questioning if one is living up to their potential, if one is living up to their own standards, if one is living up to their own dreams, if one is wanting/seeking/needing more out of life...etc.

This type of questioning happens to many people several times during a lifetime. That questioning also comes at different ages and stages during a lifetime as well. Not just the proverbial "middle age".

Mid life crisis are not a bad thing. How someone chooses to deal with one is where the good or bad comes in.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, when I was 48. I'm 54 now and ended up leaving my relationship of 15 years during that time. I'm much happier now as I met my wonderful husband. However, it was one hell of a mid-life crisis and unfortunately the break up really hurt my daughter who is now 14.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes...i was only 22 though...i realized that i hated everything about my life and that the person i was pretending to be was not at all who i really was...i was suicidal for atleast a year. one day i just pulled myself together and decided i wasnt going to be a victim anymore...i went out with a friend and bought a few hundred dollars worth of new clothes, had dinner and a few drinks, and went and got a tattoo (which my then husband was completely against). when i got home my ex tried to pick a fight with me (not about the tat, he still doesnt know) and i told him i was going to bed. he drug me out of the bed and demanded that i talk to him. i got up and threw on some sweats, grabbed my purse, and told him to put our son on the bus in the morning, i would pick him up from school. then i started to date several guys (i had only slept with my DH), drink alot, and make alot of bad decisions. thankfully my SO was there to save me.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010