I want to have a special time with my girls. Any suggestions?

My daughters are 16 and 18 and my oldest will be graduating from high school this year. Before she goes on to college, I'd like to go somewhere or do something special with her and her sister, just the three of us, but I can't think of anything that's only moderately expensive while still being memorable.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Plan a 3 day get away somewhere within driving distance of where you live. Find two or three possible destinations and let your daughter choose. It will be special if the 3 of you go away and just do things you enjoy.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Maybe a day at the spa for all of you. I never have been, but i wouldn't think it would cost more than a trip.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My daughter and I went to NY right before school started. We had the best time site seeing, going to restaurants. We even went to a Broadway musical, Fela! It was an awesome time.
    browngirlwriter

Answer by browngirlwriter at 3:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Staycation, rent a hotel room (does;t have to be expensive) and had a spa night watche movies, do what you want to do.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• go to a "paint your own pottery" place and paint some pottery together...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 5:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i would suggest a day at the mall just the tree of u.....maybe some make overs or just a relaxing talk. ask them how there wk is going
    chris1975

Answer by chris1975 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Go have your makeup done at a nice department store. Have a light lunch after. The makeup is usually free (but you can buy each girl one item - as a courtesy to the makeup artist, and a memory saver for your daughters.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do a mani pedi and movie date? Go out to dinner. Go to the beach for a weekend. I took my 18 year old out to lunch a lot before she went off to college. We spent a lot of time sitting and chatting.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010