I JUST WANT A TURKEY SANDWICH

Can I REALLY not eat lunch meat? I'm seriously dying here, I want one SO bad and seriously I don't want to heat up my turkey... yuck.
Does everyone follow this lunch meat/ hot dog rule?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Never followed it before this is my 3rd! With my 2nd I ate Subway almost every day! eat your TURKEY and LOVE IT!!!
    Anonymous

• LOL no sweetie go eat one!!! :)

I ate hot dogs and lunch meat all through all 3 of my pregnancies and NO I didn't heat them all up! I had cravings for cold hot dogs :) like Oscar Mayer cheesy dogs :)

just check the date and keep it refrigerated (don't let it sit on the counter for too long)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I've noticed that's a different docs have different opinions thing. I'm sure 1 turkey sandwich won't hurt you just dont make a habit of it. and I've been putting thought into this(I love ham and turkey) and those deli meats have to be cooked before they can be cut and sold so you'd think youd be ok but thats JMO.
    Anonymous

• Try to keep your sodium down, so if you eat some deli meat, try to watch your salt intake for the rest of the day. That's why some people say no lunch meat or hot dogs.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Actually, Maddape, it's listeria that people worry about, and it really is dangerous.

What I did, was I heated up my lunch meat and then I put it back in the fridge on it's own plate for 10-15 minutes or until it was cold again. The bacteria grows on meat in the fridge, and is killed if you heat it to steaming, so as long as you heat it up and eat it within several hours you'll be fine.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I Work at subway and eat the're sandwiches all the time. I'm now 37 weeks and everything's fine.
    wonderer16

Answer by wonderer16 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Samantha- does it still taste the same....? Like it's not gross? I know they say not to b/c of listeria... ugh. I just want one so bad!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I actually did heat my lunch-meat up in the microwave for a few seconds, to make sure any bacteria would be killed, then put it in the freezer for a minute or so to re-cool it. I practically lived off sandwiches during my pregnancy. I just thought better safe then sorry.

Anonymous

• Anon- did it still taste okay after heating it?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yes, it didn't have any effect on the taste, just make sure not to over-heat it or i'll be dry, and rubbery. =)
    Anonymous