What is a good age to wear makeup?

Wearing blush, or eyeliner in particual

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• if they want to wear it maybe around 7th grade but just alittle.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It will be 15 for my daughter. Some moms think just letting them wear simple things is O.k. When my daughter starts she will want it all. So for me none til 15
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I let my girls start wearing lip gloss and light colored eye shadow in about 5th grade. Then in 6th grade I allowed them to start using darker colored eye shadows as long as they didn't look like clowns and mascara. In 7th grade, I let them wear whatever they wanted to. So for me, I let them start wearing EVERYTHING when they were about 13.
    mommaedwards61

Answer by mommaedwards61 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• 14 or 15
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i have allowed my 13 year old daughter wear very light mascara and little eyeliner....her eyelashes look enhanced...not a huge difference, but she has to wait a few years for the rest
    supermom326

Answer by supermom326 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think this is a tricky thing in my opinion I think that young lady should have the maturity to go with the makeup. I think lipgloss til they are in high school then start with light tint and show they how to wear makeup in a mature way. I hate seeing girls with what I consider movie makeup caked on and just nasty.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would say around 14 it would be ok to wear a little bit but not alot. My 11 year old wears eye shadow once in awhil and loves colored chap stick.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 12:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would say 13-15 depending on how it's applied.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 12:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think 15 or 16 is a good age.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I let my daughter start wearing makeup (out in public) when she was in 6th grade. She would before that wear it around the house just experimenting. My daughter is bi-racial so she doesn't require a lot of makeup because of her skin tone. She's in the 7th grade now and I still limit what she does wear. She won't wear lipstick so she wears lip gloss. All the little girls at her school seem to like that smokey eye look so she wears eye liner and the darker eye shadow. I told her also, she would not leave home looking like a raccoon either, she would put it on in moderation and so far she has done a good job of keeping it decent.
    lorig2010

Answer by lorig2010 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010