I'm SICK of the bullies....

No, I'm not talking about the ones in high school (even though that's out of control too), I'm talking about right here on CM. You know the ones, they'll show up on certain questions, and immediately start mocking, making personal attacks, gang up on people, and in general act like a pack of teenage Heathers (watch the movie). And if you call them out on it, whoa boy, they just cackle like a bunch of demented hyenas. Can't have a regular conversation with them, if you tell them to act like adults, they call you a cry baby, etc etc. TYPICAL bullies. So why is this acceptable on here? And why on earth do adults feel like they can act like unruly kids?

Now watch, I'm sure some of the responses will make my point better even than I can...

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 3:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You called it, Anouck. I can't count how many times I've gone to a question just to find that it isn't a debate at all, but an immediate trade of insults. They think it's funny, and if you were to call them on their behavior, they just get uglier. It's as if they think that trading insults is equal to a debate.  At first, I was offended, but now, I just can't take them seriously. Not at all. They are rigid and can't see the hypocrisy in themselves. It's useless to try to have a debate with those few women. I'm inclined to just ignore any response I see from them, anymore. It's rarely worth the effort.  I don't think I can feel the slightest bit of offense when I see their infantile remarks, either.  It's like being offended by a child's behavior.  It's silly to give them any more importance than they think they have.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think there is a big difference between being passionate about a topic and being a down-right, immature, name-calling bully.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• OMG..really? isn't this just one side vs the other side? there are 'groupies' (let's not say bullies, i mean, come on!) on both sides of every argument.
    this isn't something you can pin on 'the mean girls'...there are mean girls of ALL ages on both sides of the up/down vote buttons.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't mind them...i don't take it that seriously and think it's usually all in good fun.

I think the best thing to do is lead by example. Some people haven't had a lot of experiance debating and don't understand the difference between opinion and attack.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• kerp,gertie,lindalu..

Here's a mirror..and none of you ladies are Mother Teresa
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Anouk you frequently are mean to people on here so I hope you are pointing that finger of judgement at yourself.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I hear ya!!! bumped for everyone else to hear ya!

Answer by older at 3:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

***

^^^ THIS!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am amused by Kerps response since she has personally attacked me.lol
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 5:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010