could i finally b ovulating?

a little back history. i have my iud taken out 11 months ago and dh and i have been ttc ever since. well since i got my period on nov. 1st ive had really bad cramps all the time and they just wont go away, and yesterday i started having bad pains in both of my breasts the pains only lasted no more than 15 mins or so. and i looked on my ovulation calendar and it says im due to start ovulating today. now w/ all of that said i honestly dont think that i have ovulated once in the past 11 months, do these sound like some of that things u go through when u ovulate?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Why don't you think that you've ovulated?

Ovulation charts are generally NOT accurate for the overwhelming majority of women but some women do have all of the signs you mentioned above during ovulation.

The best way to tell is to check your cervical position:

http://infertility.about.com/od/tryingtoconceive101/ht/cervixovulation.htm

You can also check your cervical mucus at the same time.

Cervical mucus and cervical position followed by BBT charting are the only 100% ways to know at home when you are ovulating. The only other 100% ways are blood work and daily ultra sound both of which are completely unncessary.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to learn more.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I can tell when I ovulate because I check my temp and cervical position and mucous. Other than that, I get a slight pain in my ovaries. Once ovulation is over and the progesterone kicks in to stop any more ovulation, my breasts get tender (usually 5 days after ovulation) and then my period starts 9 days later.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010