An I break my own water wtih a clean and sterile something?

I am 40 weeks tomorrow. I want the baby to come out and my Dr. won't make it come out unless I am 10-14 days late!!!! OMG I can't take this! I hurt, I'm still nauseous, I have an infection from the baby sitting on my kidney, I have boarder line Diabetes from it, I am so swollen I can't wear anything but flip flops!!! Sex and walking and spicy food aren't working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I guess you could use an amniotic hook like they use at the hospital but I wouldn't recommend it since your not trained to use one.

You can buy them online but by the time it gets to you then you will probably be in labor anyways.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/328295020/disposable_amnio_hook.html

I wouldn't recommend it but that's what they use when they do it in the hospital. You would have to figure out how to guide it through the cervix, not push it in to far so that you don't injure the baby, and gently break the water....all of this of course is assuming that you can reach it!

Anonymous

• No you cannot. You could do some serious damage to yourself as well as you could hit the baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you have an infection from the baby being in a certain position, imagine the infection you could get by sticking foreign objects (sterile or not) up your birth canal!
    Anonymous

• NO! You could injure yourself or the baby. The cord could prolasp, you could introduce bacteria into the birth cannal, and so much more.

Membranes should not be artificially membranes by anyone unless there is a medical reason.

Your doctor obviously does not think you have a medical reason to have an induction. You are not techincally over due until 42 weeks. It's prefectly safe to continue being pregnant.

You almost guarenteed that your baby will come on his own sometime in the next two weeks.

I KNOW your uncomfortable...we've all been there but putting yourself and your baby at risk of injury, infection and much more is simply unacceptable.

PUT YOUR BABY FIRST! Babies come when THEY are ready. Plus...this child will cause you all kinds of discomfort in the nexxt 18 years...this is just the beginning...better get used to it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oh my God no!!!!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• this is the silliest question i've ever seen. i hope its a joke. I always thought some of the women who tried to induce labor by taking laxitives or trying to have sex all day were crazy..but this is by far the craziest thing i've ever heard..i would never think anyone would even think of doing such a thing..YIKES!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no id switch drs if its that bad moest drs here wont let you go over 42 weeks
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hang in there i will pray for you...You really need to listen to your DR. I am pretty sure if you break your own water you could do some serious damage to you and the baby if you need someone to talk to i am here for you!!!
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no dont do that! you will hurt yourself!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Are you serious??? Don't!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010