Zumba and breastfeeding

hi im asking a few questions here. anyone here ever do/did zumba to lose weight are just for fun? and how did you like it? i wanna do it but i was told if you work out when you are Nursing you will dry up is this true

mommy223326

Asked by mommy223326 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• sounds like more of a "milkshake" issue to me :)
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think you can work out while nursing. Just drink plenty of fluids.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You have to increase your calorie intake to 500 more calories just for nursing. When you start burning more calories from exercise, you will need to increase your intake to compensate as well. Also, make sure that you are drinking enough water.

You can safely exercise to lose weight and still nurse. I would google for BMR. It will tell you how many calories you should be eating based upon your activity level...just make sure to add 500 calories to that number for the breastfeeding.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• check out kellymom for advice
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• you can workout and excersice noly do it moderate becuase if you workout too much your milk can taste different and the baby might not like it.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I worked out and nursed my son until he was 27 months old. My milk was fine!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Make sure you are getting plenty of liquid intake and nurse nurse nurse. If you notice a change in babies feeding consult a LC.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011