i dont feel pregnant?

I have taken 4 pregnancy tests all of them positive and all diff brands. i have morning sickness, missed my period, sore swollen breasts and im tired. i know i am pregnant but i just feel like its too good to be true because i got pregnant so soon after stopping my birth control. so does anyone know why i feel like im not really pregnant?

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• maybe reality just hasn't hit you yet
    Anonymous

• Some people don't "FEEL" pregnant or that it is real until they feel the baby or see there belly's getting bigger! :)
    It will become more real in time so just hang in there because as soon as you start feeling prgo you will wish it was over and ready to see the little blessing.
    Congrats Mommy !!!!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You said that you dont feel pregnant....but you do lol. All those things you described, sickness, sore breasts...that is what being pregnant feels like in the beginning. Your baby is the size of a peanut right now so there is nothing else to feel. Just wait a few more months and the constipation kicks in, and your running to the bathroom every 5 seconds to pee, and it feels like the baby is gonna kick its way out...you will be saying..."I wish I didnt feel so pregant"....LOL. Good luck, you have a wonderful journey ahead of you.
    kyru2

Answer by kyru2 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I really didn't feel pregnant at that point either with either one of my pregnancies. I had no symptoms at all and was constantly worried that something had gone wrong. It really wasn't until I started showing until it felt real to me.
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 10:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I didn't really feel pregnant until I went into labor. I got morning sickness in the beginning, felt him kick and roll, had a baby bump and all that good stuff but it never REALLY sunk in that I was pregnant and going to have a baby until I was in the hospital and pushing him out! I kept waiting for a big epiphany like "OMG I'M PREGNANT!" but it never happened. Of course I knew I was, but I never FELT it. And then even after my son was born, it took me a while for it to sink in that I was a mommy!! Sometimes it still feels unbelievable! I think it's because it's one of those things that you imagine for so long that when it happens it's really not what you expect even if it's still a wonderful feeling. You build up this image in your mind of what it's going to be like but then when it actually happens you wait for it to feel like what you expected it to feel like, but it doesn't lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• haha...im 31 weeks and i wish i didnt feel and look and wobble like a prego chick
    but hey here i am...feelin prego and wobblin around...its just a matter of time before u switch your sandles for slippers
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• in the beginning i took 4 preg tests to prove it to myself but i didnt really belive it. it kinda hit me when i started going to the doctor a lot and buying a baby crib and stuff... now i even dream about stuff and in my dreams im pregnant cuz i am so used to it, and i am uncomfortable all the time can barely eat im 34 weeks but it still hasnt really super hit me that a baby is gonna come outta me!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Its just weird to me cuz when i was preg with my now 4 yr old son as soon as i took the test i was kinda like wow im pregnant. this time i keep taking tests and thinking theyre false positives. maybe because we were trying for this one and my son wasnt planned? does that make sense?
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It's normal not to feel pregnant early on. I didn't feel pregnant until I could feel him move.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i was the same way, believe me you are going to wake up one morning and just think to yourself "holy cow im really pregnant!" and from then on the baby wont ever let you forget! i never felt pregnant, especially because i wasnt gaining any weight or anything. im 25 weeks now and gained about 10, the baby is kicking, and i already feel like a house. its normal, good luck!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2008