I tried going to the ER, now what?

hi, I'm 15 weeks pregnant and yesterday evening my boyfriend and I were driving home and he had to slam on the breaks. I was forced forward and the lower seat belt tightened around my lower belly. I got a sharp pain and had continuing pains. I went to the ER and all they did was listen to the heartbeat and give me a urine test and gave me Tylenol. I'm still in pain and can't get a doctor to see me, what should I do now? Is there anything a doctor could do anyways? I'm just worried about the baby and I'm in quite a bit of pain.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try another hospital that has a pregnancy center. You know that has a section that is specifically for Mommies. I went head on with a truck when I was 7 months pregnant with my son. I watch the hood wrap around my windshield and the steering wheel went into my tummy. I began small contractions and sprained my ankle. All they did was monitor my contractions and sent me home to rest. They stopped..it was more because I was upset. They told me that baby is so protected by the amniotic sack that most likely my baby was just fine..which he was. I hurt my ankle more. Until you can get in somewhere, lay down on your left side and take it really easy. Drink lots of water and try not to stress.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You are more than likely just sore from bruises and muscle pain. Your baby is in the safest possible place and still small enough to be protected by your pelvis. Unless you are spotting I would not worry at all, especially if your doctors aren't worried.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The best thing you can do is relax.

If something did happen to the baby there isn't much they can do anyway...your baby is so tiny, if you pregnancy had been compromised you'd know it by now.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do you have a regular Obgyn that you see? They could do an ultrsound to see if the baby is Ok.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm in between doctors right now because every time I called my other doctor with a problem they would just tell me to go to the ER.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think maybe fine but I think you sore. Might try warm bath or shower. I would take it easy for a few days and if in doubt go back to the doctor. Your baby at the age can handle more than you think. I hope all is okay and you can relax and maybe just not lift anything to heavy for the next couple of days.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• About a month ago i was alot further along than you are now and we were on the highway and one of my kids threw there drink on the floor well stupid me i turned around and stood up on my seat to reach the drink and i did a full on flip into the back seat. I was hurting but the baby was fine and i was just sore for the rest of the day. If you do start bleeding i would go get checked but you should be ok since the baby is pretty small still.GL
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Just relax! the baby is surrounded by the sac...if ur that worried call ur OB and see if he/she will do a u/s to help u out
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010