Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Does anyone know how long you have to go to school for psycology?

I have always been interested in psycology and helping people just wondering if anyone knows of any one who has done this for there career


Asked by jem102675 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 17 (3,345 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • pretty much if you want to make any money you have to get a PhD

    Answer by pookipoo at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Learning how to spell it correctly would be a good start.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • BA= 4 years + MA=2 years+ and Ph.d =8-10 years.

    Also, learning how to spell the term would help.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Ditto re Mom2Just1 answer.

    Answer by tasches at 6:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • You can be a licensed counselor with a MA and your state's therapy credentials. That's about 2 years more than undergrad. If you want to be a psychologist, you need a PhD or PsyD. To me a psychiatrist you need to be a MD.

    Answer by ballewal at 3:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • me = be

    Answer by ballewal at 3:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Well, you would have to take general college classes, followed by classes to get a Bachelor's degree, then, all the classes and clinicals to get the Masters and then on to get the doctorate...So, a while.

    College, Undergraduate studies, Graduate school

    College takes an average of 4 years, then, It will take about five years of full-time study after college to get a Ph.D. or Psy.D. degree. Then, after you earn your doctoral degree, it will take about two more years to complete your post-doctoral training hours and study for—and pass—two psychology licensure exams.

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • You'll need at least a masters degree and probably a PhD.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Not sure, but i took one class at the college. Its a pretty good class. Google it for your state and see what might be available for colleges that show what is required. Good luck in your endeavors.

    Answer by VGonzalez73 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

Next question in Money & Work
USAA Paydays for Army

Next question overall (Shopping)
Pillow Pets for $6.99!