Can you believe this Nut ? Would you go ?

So I am dating a great guy ! The only problem is he has 2 kids with a Nut ! I accepted his kids, and now every other weekend we do "kid things" . This is our first Christmas together and his second since they got divorced.... I was literally floored when i found out last year my b/f spent Christmas with her and the kids and her new husband, at their home !! Who does that !?!! Not to mention he is planning on doing it again this year ??? I dont have kids and so i assumed we would have a "romantic christmas" and then he would just go see the kids that weekend... I wanted us to spend our first christmas together but I dont want to go to her house because it would be too weird. She acts like she is nice to me but I can tell it is all fake. I think he is going to propose & I guess the only reason i would go would be in hopes that he will propose right there in front of them ! Would you go ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Of course, go!

Answer by older at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Makes sense to me. It's family stability during the holidays. You don't have to like it, but accept it.
    Anonymous

• If you don't feel comfortable, don't go. If he's going to propose, he'll do it anyway.
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 3:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• He's doing it for the kids. Show compassion and do it for his kids too!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I can see him going. I'm sure he jsut wants to see his kids on christmas day. Did he invite you to go? I don't think he will propose there.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My 1st husband and I with our married SO would do this. Since my 2nd husband died my ex"s wife has become a jealous nit wit, so I don't think we will be doing it this year. To bad for the kids.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Don't go if you don't feel comfortable, but it sounds like he is doing what he can to keep his kids lives stable and secure. I think it's great that he is able to spend Christmas with his ex and her husband and the kids. IMHO, it shows great maturity from the adults involved and shows they are putting the children first.

I understand the need to have separate lives, especially since the 2 parties have new romantic partners, but it's great that they can share holidays for the childrens' sake.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• that doesnt sound nutty to me lol, it sounds like they split on good terms. trust me, you'd rather have this then a crazy ex wife :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You may as well find out if she is actually fake or not. She is nice enough to allow everyone in her house for the holidays. Also it seems that her new husband is on board..... why not you?
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 3:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's not weird or even nutty to do such a thing when you have kids.. my ex and i and his new wife spent many holidays at family functions.. that is called functioning for the kids.. not all people break up for bad reasons... and some of us are mature about the holidays, we have to be examples for our children. it's better to remain friends then to create a situation that is bad for the kids ;).. If you love him and want to continue to be a good part of his life, you should join in on the holiday plans too.. you just might find it's not as nutty as your mind as told you ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010