smelly bump under my boob....

So in spring of 2007 I went for a pap smear and got a breast check, I had a pencil earser size bump. It was hard and painless and my DR said it was a skin thing that should go away by itself. It has stayed there, never grew or changed at all. But now a few days ago it started to become sore... I looked at it in the mirror and realized it had like a little "head" on it with a little bit of white stuff coming out of it. So i squeezed it figuring I can just get all the gross stuff out and it would go away. I got out what I could and about 30 mintues later it was bigger ( it is now the size of 3 quarters beside each other) and is very hard and VERY sore, to where It hurts all around it, and the slightest touch or movement makes it hurt ! Also it has a very foul smell to it !

I cannot get into the DR until the end of the month ( I have an appt for the 30th) ... Do you think this warrants an ER trip ?

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 3:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• I have a skin problem I have those on my shoulder and back and it's hereditary for me. It's on my dad's side my Dermatologist said they are cystic acne. It sounds like your finally rose to the surface (the pus) and your body was trying to get rid of it but if got infected. I would go to the ER where they can lance it, drain it and clean it properly. The puss can also be infections and if you get it on your skin it could cause more to form.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• hmm! idk i would wash it a lot and let it air dry ! if its infected i would go to the er but they charge so much for going there! idk i would just wait! sorry not much help!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you know, I probably would go to the ER since it's hurting, draining and got so much bigger so quickly.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It sounds like an infection and because it's so large and has grown quickly, I would definitely go to the ER.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yep, sounds like a little cyst. Is there another family physician you can call to get in with? Or an Urgent Care Center? If not, get to a pharmacy somewhere and ask for a small bottle of Hibiclens. It is an antimicrobial soap that hospitals use prior to stitches. It may or may not burn, but that's what they suggested I use when I had piercings to clean to prevent infection. Just use a bit in your palm when you're in the shower, lather there for 30sec. This may help with the ick factor, but try to get in to see a doctor soon so that you don't risk further infection or treatment if it is something more serious.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes! Go to the ER! This sounds like the staph I had and mine turned out to be MRSA! MRSA is deadly as well as staph!
    You need antibiotics!

Picture of staph for your reference:
    Pic of starting of staph
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oops, that's a link... here's the picture:

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Can you post a pic?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'd go, just to be on the safe side. And yes, MRSA and Staph can be deadly.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• *UPDATE*

I didnt go to the ER... my mom is a nurse so we went out so she could look at it and she said it is a skin thing that my dad has too ( and has went to the DR for ) ... she gave me some of the cream that he used and actually squeezed it some and got alot of stuff out of it ( funny story actually) ....

It doesnt look like the MRSA ...it isnt red at all... and you can only see the "head" if you look closely ( it is very small head) ...

if it is worse tomorrow then I will head to the ER.

Thanks !!
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010