Even though this is illegal would you still do it to bennefit your family?

My best friend gets close to 6 hundred dollars a month in foodstamps for just her and her 3 small children. She says she uses it just because she doesnt want it to go to waste but she is so stocked up on food she has nowhere to put anything and in reality she would'nt even need to use half that much per month. Well, she needs $100 to go towards her car insurance or it will be canceled. She has offered to give me $400.00 off her card in exchange for 100 cash. This would help my family so much. We would be stocked on groceries for atleast 2 months and not have to worry about buying food week by week. I know its illegal to sale those and i do not believe in using the system but times are tough right now. I feel like i would be a fool to turn down her offer. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I know people who do this all the time cant say I ever have or that I would recommend it but you would be suprised at how many people do so I doubt you would have anything to worry about.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No, you wouldn't be a fool, you'd be doing the right thing. If you and your family need assistance, sign up for it. And why is she getting so much more than she needs? Is she cheating the system, too?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• nope, I wouldn't
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would. Around here it's 2 for 1 so you're getting a hell of a deal.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That is something totally up to you and your friend. I don't know what I'd do. I do know of a situation similar to yours and they did it. They saw it as two people helping each other out and it wasn't like the FS holder made a habit out of it. Sorry I wasn't of much help.
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I feel like as long it's not a regular thing why not.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I would do it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• heck I would think about it with every system this world has it's all twisted like you have crooked cops, crooked senators,governors,mayors I can go on and on even the child support system is screwed. There just isn't that many people in this world that want to be honest like you and I but that doesn't mean we have to be just like them but hey if opportunity knocks at the door and you need something heck yeah I would GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oh and when you do decide to go grocery shopping make sure she goes with you or no deal that way you won't feel guilty...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i dont think its wrong she knows wat he family need so if it can help u go head its just the same if she brought the food if it makes it better tell her to go to the store with you
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010