I feel like no one knows how I am feeling...

I am so irritated with life in general. I really just want to die right now as unrealistic and selfish as that sounds. I am so tired of the little things in life because NOTHING EVER goes right or good. Is it because I am 6 months pregnant I feel this way? I didnt have any kids my 1st pregnancy (my second is step which was not around at the time I was pregnant with my first) I feel like I have just lost it. I dont feel like a good mom anymore. I have the patience of a rattlesnake that just got stepped on when I was told before I had the patience of a saint. Will I go back to normal? My first pregnancy was not this hard. What is wrong with me?!? I feel like my marriage is going down the drain and it is my fault. I absolutely refuse medication, so please do not suggest it. I just need something insightful...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree with the first answer,hormones can really work on you when your pregnant,not every pregnancy is the same either,none of mine were.I had the patience of a rattlesnake,a copperhead and a cobra with all of mine,lol so your not alone,just hang in there,its hard but you can do it.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 5:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Hormones!!! They're a bitch and they "treat" every woman differently. Some get emotional, some get bitchy, some get depressed. It should pass even though it may seem to take forever. If it doesn't get better after your baby is born you may want to talk to a doctor. Even if you don't want medication sometimes counseling helps. Just try to remind yourself of all the good things you have to look forward to when your baby comes! Although I know that's much easier said than done..
    Anonymous

• Thanks Anon. I wish you would have not posted anon:( That was the most insightful answer I got (I posted this ? earlier and didnt get what I was looking for-you deserve best answer for that)
    Anonymous

• some things that should help are getting outside in the sun (15 min a day will get you all your vitamin d), taking fish oils and a good b complex, and making time for yourself. it sounds to me like to have perinatal depression, counseling is a good idea. perhaps a support group? most hospitals have a free group once a week or so. i have ppd and i've found all these things to be helpful. atleast you are aware of the changes happening to you, too many women don't see it or refuse to acknowledge it. just tell your s/o that you're not yourself lately so he doesn't take anything too personally. remember, you're pregnant and hormonal, this is not YOU, and someday you will get back to your old self!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I remember the day I realized that I was not myself anymore. Both anon and llansky made good points. The only think I would add is to take some time just for you. Read a book/magazine, take a bath, paint your toenails. Set aside time just for you everyday.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i am going through the same thing. i am almost 7 months along and i have no patience at all. things my daughter dose that normally i love just make me mad now. when i start to feel that way i get her to go play in her room turn off the tv, radio, or anything that is making noise and sit back with my eyes closed. a warm wash cloth over my eyes also helps. deep slow breaths and think about all you have and all you have to look forward to. it helps me alot. good luck with everything! also i doubt things are as bad as they seem!
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2008