Do food stamps go "'off your card"?

If you don't use the amount by the end of the month do the stamps auto - remove, like when minutes on a phone are not used by the end of the month? Having no roll over time for minutes the next month? Does anyone have this happen with their stamps? Some card holders of stamps have talked as though they will run off and not be available when not completely used up each month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No they "roll-over" in Mn anyways.
    Anonymous

• if you dont use them at the end of the yr then they do remove
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• NO they acrue, hope i spelled that right. They add up every month if you haven't used them. they don't go away if you don't use them.
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In Ga if you don't use them they are gone by the end of the month. It used to be that way anyways, i don't know if it still is.
    Anonymous

• No, you get to keep them... but I do think after one year they are removed. not 100% sure because I always have to use all of mine.

One day though... I will get to walk into that office and say, "Please remove me from assitance!" :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm in Ga ANON, they now acrue. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In WIsconsin, they roll over until your caseworker closes out your account. That is why they tell you to use up ALL your funds before calling your caseworker to close out the case. If you don't use it, you lose it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In Iowa they roll over, and even after you're off assistance if you have a balance you can finish it.
    Anonymous

• They will roll over and you have 6 months to use the amount...like the last time I had foodstamps I had like $2 on it and didn't use it after we no longer qualified and 6 months later got a letter saying to use the remaining balance by a certain date or they would expire
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You uget to keep them I believe.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010