How do I get my 10 month old to sit down?

My son is pulling up on everything. But when he gets there he can't figure out how to get back down. He just stands there and cries and cries until On of us comes and sets him down. He had a bad tumble and bumped his cheek when he tried to reach for a toy while standing and lost his balance. I am afraid that he is now too scared to let go to sit down. How do I fix this? Anything will help.

guardgirl_01

Asked by guardgirl_01 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was like that too, especially standing up in his crib and then not being able to figure out how to sit/lay back down. but he quickly figured it out. maybe you can try holding his hands and gently pulling down to show him how to sit?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I would just let him hold one of your fingers for security to control his "fall" to the floor until he is comfortable enough to try it on his own. Remember that as he gets older and tries new things he will have "boo-boos"; just try not to make a big deal of them so he will learn to get up and try again. (I know it's hard to see them cry after getting hurt, but reassure him he's ok and get him onto the next activity).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008