16 weeks, would u begin to worry?

if you have not yet felt baby kicking or something. I believe I am having the "flutters" but im not positive. more cramping but no spotting. gets so uncomfortable. everyone says that is normal. hmmm.... you would think that this being my second i would just be chill.... but im starting to wonder if something is going on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nope, i didnt feel anything from my son until i was 19 weeks! your placenta is probably anterior, meaning its in the front of your uterus and therefore it pads the kicks
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Go check it out. A mother usually knows best but I really wouldn't worry. Some babies are just more laid back and dont start kicking until a little later. If your really worried go to the doctor.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• they say not to worry untill your 18 weeks. A friend of mine never felt her daughter kick the whole pregnancy. I on the other hand felt both mine super super early
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 4:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I felt my son moving at 15 weeks, but they told me that was too early. Sure enough when he started moving harder, I was feeling him in the same place. They say that every pregnancy is different, so you might not even feel the baby move until a little later. I don't remember having cramping around 16 weeks, but it is a good sign you aren't spotting. If you are really worried, maybe you can make an appointment with the doctor to ease your fears.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Im pregnant with my 3rd and i didnt feel him really kickn untill i was 24 weeks because my placenta is in the front. Dont worry, you have time!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Im almost 15 weeks and i can feel "flutters" my dr says its the baby and says that sometimes i may not feel it at all while other times i may feel it non stop
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 5:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would wait until at least 20 weeks to worry but that's just me.

I felt my first baby at 26 weeks and the second at 15.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• don't worry hun, if u are worrying just make a doc appointment or call the hospital as there are on call midwives :) xxx
    Kealeigh

Answer by Kealeigh at 5:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you have any concerns then seek medical advice, it's better to have peace of mind. Also, some women don't feel baby until as late as 20wks so try not worry. I invested in a fetal heart monitor for my current pregnancy, it really helped to ease my anxiety!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2010