If you are on public assistance, what will you do when....

You finally get to walk into that office and tell them, "Please remove me from assistance. I no longer need it."

:)

I am going to make a cake and have a little party for our family! (Not with the FS! lol)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 4:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i compeltely agree! i can't wait to be off public assistance! I hate leaning on anyone for anything! I can't wait!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 4:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I hope most people have that kind of attitude. And I hope you're able to do that soon.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll go shopping and get myself something special. When your on assistence you dont get to do that often.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well, right now all we get is wic. i have a feeling with the way things are right now we'll be on it for the next 4 years til the baby turns five. we're trying to get on foodstamps and medicaid right now but it's such a f*cking hassle i swear! pisses me off all these hoops i have to jump thru when we are truly a needy family desperate to make ends meet every month. anyway ill only need asst. til my older two are in school, then i can put the youngest in daycare and work and hopefully even get some kind of degree. the day we won't need anything.. no wic.. no foodstamps.. no medicaid.. able to afford things and actually buy wants instead of needs.. will be a Blessed one! definitely a reason to celebrate!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am glad you have that attitude and wish more people did. Good lucK!
    Anonymous

• Did not mean to answer that anon. Sorry!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• to the anon above me...i would LOVE to work...i've always worked 50-60hrs a week, even when i was in school full time...but i was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in feb and have had many surgeries and intensive rounds of chemo since then...my SO works full time all but 2hrs of the day that the daycare is open and i'm not usually able to care for the baby on my own, so he cant get a second job...assistance is really our only option at this point.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nothing special. My kids are only on medicaid, they were on WIC but we were down to 1 child and it was becoming more of a hassle. I was bad and didn't even call in, just skipped our appointment. Feels kind of good to not have to go through the hassle anymore ;). As for the medicaid...eh, I won't party it up but considering it's the only help we get, I won't do much.
    Anonymous

• You sure don't Jenaiko01!!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If people have such a problem with "Public Assistance" why get on it in the first place.You should of worked more hours,or just worked more than 1 job.
    Anonymous