Hair falling out :(

Im hoping someone can help... about a month after a gave birth (now 6 months ago) my hair has been falling out like crazy, Every single time I run my fingers thru my hair it comes out, a good 6 or 7 strands, and this is EVERY time! I cant wear my hair down anymore because it makes it so much worse, its everywhere! Any advice? Did this happen to anyone? I heard this could be due to hormones after birth, but its been over 6 months now...

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• I was told that is normal. Because your hair and nails get stronger and thicker (or something like that). My hair fell out like that after both my kids...tons of it...my hubby had to clean the shower drain out twice bc of all the hair. I told him I felt like a dog how much I shed!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My hair fell out like crazy after I gave birth to my son. I have baby hairs everywhere now, they're pretty long but it was around the base of my neck and around my forhead. Its normal because of the hormones
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• if it continues it could be a bacteria we all have in our stomach called hpylori [hope i spelled it right] anyway we all have it but if you have a high number it causes your hair to fall out .... if it continues for a long period go get checked for that . i had that.
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yea I have the same problem. It seems like since I had my daughter my hair falls out twice as much! Lilly is 3 now and it still happens. It has not made me have thin hair or bald spots or anything like that. i have a thick full head of long hair, it is just always falling out. Especially in the shower i will loose i big ball of hair, it is so gross. donno what causes it. someone told me it was because of an epidural but i donno if that is true or not.
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 4:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I believe it is normal. You lose hair after pregnancy. You can try taking vitamins but if it's really bugging you, call the doc and tell him/her. They should be able to put it into perspective.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My hair used to come out bad. A hairs stylist suggested Nioxin, It's sold only at sallons. It is about 20 bucks but It lasted me about three months. It really did help with mine. Good luck
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Thank you all!! I feel better knowing Im not the only one!! :)
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010