Handmade gifts for boys?

Anyone have any suggestions? I am hand making presents this season but can't think of very many ideas for boys.

Anyone know of any?

babylotus

Asked by babylotus at 4:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• get a model airplane or car kit. You can either do it yourself or let them have the fun. They are sold at craftstores and can be inexpensive. If its a teenager then make a cd of their fav songs if you know them
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• oh, great ideas! thanks Steph319!
    babylotus

Comment by babylotus (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What ages are the boys? My sil got a piece of 2 by 4, cut it into different lengths, sanded the edges and made blocks.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• ages 4 to 10 (:

maybe alittle too young for them but still a great idea!! thanks!!
    babylotus

Comment by babylotus (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• YW and good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A couple of years ago I did an all home-made gifts for my son and family (we had very very little money for Christmas that year)

He loved helping me in the kitchen so I took some CARS fabric and made an apron for him. Also took the same fabric and made a pillow case for him. And along the same lines, took some great boy-themed racing fabric (along with black/white checked fabric) and made crayon rolls - great for taking along to doctor's offices, church, out to eat - they roll up and tie with a ribbon.

GL!
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 7:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Maybe you can make a boy a scap book to put all his awards in. I made my Oldest son on. I got a wall paper sample book and made a picture on the from and let him color it. them cover the picture in clear contact paper. Each page will have a different design. I put his report cards, class pictures, awards and some of his drawings in his. Good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You could make cute fun hats or slippers with animal faces and teeth for those cold days (knit or sew). Or blow up family photos, trace out the outline on paper, and put together a custom coloring book. Or bake a gingerbread house like their house, and come over to help put it together and decorate. Have fun!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you sew pajama bottoms, if they're young make them cassette tapes of your voice reading them books and give them the book to go with it. If they are teenagers food always works, make them brownies, cookies or chex mix and put it in a cute jar or other container.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010