Does Porn effect a realtionship?

Does porn effect your SO? I'm not talking about watching porn together but just your SO. How much is to much? How can it change a relationship?

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• If its bothering you/the other person its effecting the relationship. No matter how much
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My personal opinion.

No . Porn in and of itself neither affects a marriage postively or negatively.

How the 2 people in that marriage: view porn, treat porn, react to porn, and in turn view/treat each other...etc... Can affect a marriage negatively or positively.

Porn does not "affect" me or my husband. Porn bothers neither of us. At the same time, porn is something that neither of us are really into at this point/stage of life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes I certainly think it can. People watch porn and forget that these are just actors and actresses. They come to expect that women like to treated in such a manner, and that men are not satisfied with ordinary women. Look at all the women on here that ask questions about what is a normal sexual relationship, should a husband obey his wife's wishes on how far to go? Years ago, porn did not even contain anal sex, now it's everywhere. People think it's normal in a relationship. Think about awhile back when all the girls on here were asking if it's normal to bleach their butt hole?? WTF?? It scary to think about what young people of today have to compare themselves to, just to ask what normal is.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes, i think it does, it can desensitize, and make sex between the 2 of u less fulfilling, and it can cause relationship problems especially if it makes u uncomfortable, imagine how u would feel if he was cheating on you, what is his reason for watching it, does it give him pleasure that u don't? id b asking y he thinks he needs it.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 5:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• if one person is watching behide the back of the other, lying about watching, and watching too much or watching stuffthat the other would not apporve of

YES

(not that i have any life experience on this-lol)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think it only the reaction to porn and the way it is used that effects the relationship. If you have a problem with porn and the other person sneaks around and looks at it behind your back, the problem is not the porn itself, it is the dishonesty attached to the porn. It would be the same if you had a problem w/peanuts and asked your SO not to eat them and they snuck around your back to do so, it is not the peanuts that is the problem it is the dishonesty.

I personally do not have a problem w/porn, I know my husband looks, but I don't have time or interest in monitoring how much or what type he looks at. We still have a good sex life, he doesn't push me aside to watch porn, so if I don't mind and he watches w/o dishonesty, there is no problem.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It depends on the couple. For us any porn is too much. We did way with all of it a few years ago.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 5:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Depends on the dynamic of the couple. Some relationships are helped by the "spice" that porn brings to their sex life. Others are too insecure to handle it being viewed by the other, and some have addictions which hurt the relationship.

Luckily I'm the first and I'm not bothered by porn at all.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My ex looked at it online ALL! THE! DAMN! TIME! Does it effect a relationship? Yep. It really made me question what he thinks about women and me in particular. It was an addiction for him, he looked at it so many times a day. He claimed it helped him during sex. Really? Didn't see how that could work.

Did I tell DH that porn is verboten when I met him? Yep, and he said he never looks at it anyway, he finds it disgusting. Reason #487 why I knew he was the one.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 8:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010