is it ok to?

Drink iced coffee a cup a day i'm 24 wks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I've never craved or drank coffee before in my whole life. but with this pregnancy i feel like it's a need. as stupid and crazy as that sounds...

mommyof2chasmin

Asked by mommyof2chasmin at 4:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should be ok with 1 cup a day. You can also get it decaff, you will NOT taste the difference.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The key to caffeine is moderation. Sounds like one cup is moderate to me. :) I drank at least a cup of coffee and a cup of Pepsi (to survive my stressful job at the time) almost once a day when I was pregnant with my little guy.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i was thinking of getting decaf but i always thought maybe it will taste awfull...
    mommyof2chasmin

Comment by mommyof2chasmin (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• pregnant women are allowed 150mg of caffeine per day, which is about one cup. if decaf doesnt bother you then try it decaf. but yes, one cup a day is okay =) enjoy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I was told by my dr and the parenting books that 3 cups of caffinated coffee a day were fine
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They say you're ok with one cup a day, although I personally believe the best policy is none.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That should be fine. but dcaf would be better. decaf vanilla iced coffee is not bad, trust me :D
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 5:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Totally fine. Just keep it in moderation.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010